[Tweeters] Eurasian Wigeon x Mallard hybrid

Chazz Hesselein chazz at hesselein.com
Sun Mar 10 18:51:31 PDT 2013

While searching for the Glaucous Gull that had been reported on eBird in
Gorst yesterday, I came across an unusual duck that I thought most
closely fit a male Eurasian Wigeon x Mallard. I did not find the
Glaucous Gull. For those interested, here's the description I submitted
to eBird:

suspected Mallard x Eurasian Wigeon hybrid. Head solid dark metallic
green like male MALL. Body gray with black undertail coverts and white
femoral tract. Throat and breast cinnamon wash. Bill horn colored and
small, wigeon-like. Body larger than adjacent AMWI.

Chazz Hesselein
Port Orchard, WA