[Tweeters] Columbia Common Redpoll and Lesser Goldfinch

Rick Taylor taylorrl at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 4 13:29:14 PST 2013

Tweeters, Inlanders,

Tina and I spent yesterday birding in Columbia county. We encountered a very large mixed finch flock on Riveria Road. It contained about 25 Common Redpolls and about 10 Lesser Goldfinches mixed in with a couple of hundred House Finches and American Goldfinches. The flock was on Riveria Rd about 1/3rd of mile from the intersection with Little Goose Dam Rd. It was near a couple of water troughs on the left as you head upslope.

Good Birding!

Rick

Rick Taylor
Everett