[Tweeters] Raptors yesterday at Kent Ponds

Warren Clemans wumpusbear at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 09:13:27 PST 2013

My daughter and I spent a couple of hours yesterday morning watching a
number of Northern Harriers hunting the fields at the Kent Ponds. Photos
here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/8525042021/ and here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/8525042325/

We were also thrilled to see several--perhaps as many as 5 or 6--American
Kestrels. Photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/8526185558/

We also saw a diving peregrine, several red-tailed hawks, a bald eagle, and
a spotted towhee. It was our first visit to Kent Ponds and we found the
biggest challenge to be figuring out where to park. All of the gates were
locked.

Best,
Warren