[Tweeters] Grant County Bushtits and Sandhill Cranes

Liz Hemberry lizhemberry at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 3 19:35:20 PST 2013

My wife and I went to the Columbia Basin today. We started out with Common Bushtits at the Heron Rookery west of Moses Lake. They were in the bushes along the dike. We also saw a swallow fly by but I couldn't tell which one although my guess is Tree. There were several hundred Cackling Geese at the Para Ponds near Othello. We ran into a flock of about a thousand Sandhill Cranes in a corn field along Adams Road about 7.5 miles south of Interstate 90. They were on the north side of the road where it makes a sharp bend. Ken HemberryLeavenworth