[Tweeters] Common Redpoll and Virginia Rail in Juanita Bay Park

Qinglin Ma qinglineric at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 15:11:17 PST 2013

When we were birding at Juanita Bay Park this morning. Joe noticed a group
of 11 Common Redpolls mixed in with some Pine Siskins. They were on the
group of birch trees at the left side of the Y leading to the last board
walk. One of the bird has much lighter color on the breast and belly than
others but is not very sure if it is a Hoary.

Two Virginia Rails were heard and responded to recording near the end of
the middle board walk. I got a quick glimpse of it.

Good birding,

Qinglin Ma
Kirkland, WA