[Tweeters] Horned Puffins??

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Fri Mar 1 18:37:21 PST 2013

I received the following from Ebird as an Alert
that TWENTY Horned Puffins were seen yesterday at
Shipwreck Point in Clallam County. Any further
information?...seems extremely unlikely.

Horned Puffin (Fratercula corniculata) (20)
- Reported Feb 28, 2013 11:50 by Sue Nattinger
- Shipwreck Point, Clallam, Washington
- Map:http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=48.314691,-124.4718473&ll=48.314691,-124.4718473
- Checklist:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S13225346
- Comments: "Big puffin bill. White breast which is lacking in tuted puffin. Some were already in breading plumage and had a large white patch on side of head which is separated from white breast and flanks by a thin black collar. We have been finding Horned Puffin morts on the outer coast and have had the oppertunity to studied them up close."

--
Blair Bernson
Edmonds