[Tweeters] Crows in coastal CA

Judy Clinesmith jaclinesmith at fidalgo.net
Sun Jun 30 16:12:39 PDT 2013

A non-birding friend who lives on the coast in Aptos, CA, a bit north of Monterey, CA asked me if I knew why there were suddenly so many crows in her area. She also noted that there were fewer smaller birds. Does anyone have any information about an influx of crows in that part of California? What might cause that? Are the crows likely to be there permanently? I always like to encourage people to ask questions and be interested in birds. So, I would like to be able to give her an answer.

Thanks for your help. Tweeters is amazing! I have learned so much reading the tweets. But, not the reason for more crows!

Judy Clinesmith
Anacortes, WA
jaclinesmith at fidalgo.net