[Tweeters] Possibly Canyon Towhee

Hope Anderson hopea1994 at aol.com
Sat Jun 29 13:58:20 PDT 2013

I've delayed posting this because I'm newer to birding but I am sure I saw a Canyon Towhee at the U Bar U Ranch pullout on the road from Omak to Conconully at the Scotch Creek Wildlife Area last Sunday during the birding conference on a side trip I did. It was with a Lazuli Bunting and I at first assumed it was a female but after looking up photos of the female it was clearly a different bird. It had a distinctive black spot in the center of its breast that it kept preening but it was not a Song Sparrow. Any other ideas? Or if there is anyone around there it might be worth checking out the area. Thanks for any input! I know the state is wrong but the habitat is correct.