[Tweeters] Mystery solved

Bill Brynteson wnbrynteson at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 12:51:03 PDT 2013

Thank to all of you for the input the consensus was immature Starling, but I have spent a lot of time with juvenile starlings and knew it was not.  (the poor image is the reason for the confusion).    Then I was convinced it was an immature cowbird, but  I was able to find it again and am now more convinced that it is a juvenile Brewer's blackbird.

The lighter head and darker back with the hint of wing bars, much shorter black beak and black legs, hunting the flying insects in the grass with no probing.

I do appreciate the help, and again I apologize for the poor quality picture.

BillB