[Tweeters] Ruffed Grouse - not Spruce - on Silver Creek Road!

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:21:12 PDT 2013

Hey Tweets!

I guess that's why we take pictures! When I got home, I was able to crop the photo of the grouse I encountered on Silver Creek Road in Ferry County, and have some good people telling me that it's a Ruffed. This makes a heck of a lot more sense at that elevation, anyway, although I spoke to some birders at the conference who thought the pic on my camera was too dark for ruffed, and who had seen Spruce Grouse at similar elevations - although it is certainly uncommon!

Happy birding!

Tim Brennan
Renton