[Tweeters] Probable ALDER FLYCATCHER

Isacoff, Jonathan isacoff at gonzaga.edu
Mon Jun 24 12:11:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

While scouting for my WOS field trip on June 3 I had a likely ALDER FLYCATCHER singing at Beaver Lake in Okanogan Co. Yesterday the WOS field trip led by the Denny's relocated the bird 3/10 South of the original location. Directions: from the intersection of Chesaw Rd. (called Chesaw-Torada Creek on sime maps) and the cutoff road to Bonaparte Lake, go South about 3/10 mile to the small alder marsh at South end of lake (Soras present there). If not there, the original location is the small alder marsh at the road intersection-north end if lake.

If someone relocates the bird PLEASE attempt record the song, which is definitive. Anatomically the bird looks like a Willow FC and there is a pair of Willows in that area (apparently at the original location, north end of lake).

There are also tons of other great birds in this area including nesting Loons, Common Goldeneyes with chicks, Black Terns, Goshawk, Gray Jay, and probably other great surprises too.

Good birding, JI

Sent from my iPhone