[Tweeters] Bird battles and a couple local highlights Granite Falls

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 23 20:35:37 PDT 2013

Tweeters:

A RED-EYED VIREO was singing on the north side of the new Granite Falls High School track
this eve, haven't known this to be a breeding site in the past. A week ago, Sunday eve, June 16,
there was an EASTERN KINGBIRD in a tall cottonwood along the east shore of nearby Lake
Bosworth, a few miles south of Granite Falls.

I've witnessed a couple bird battles lately. The first one was in Magnolia last Monday.
Two AM. ROBINS were literally flapping and rolling across one sidewalk like a couple of wrestlers--
plenty of sound along with this. The fight was so intense I wondered if one bird would not
fly off. Then here at Tiny's Land, I watched an AM. ROBIN fly at a SPOTTED TOWHEE
several times, near the feeder, but the towhee in each case carefully dodged each swoop
by the Robin.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com