[Tweeters] RE: Eurasian Collared Dove

Bonnie Comegys blcomegys at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 22 15:41:33 PDT 2013

The Eurasian Collared Dove has greatly expanded its range ,sounds like the app does not have the latest info on the invasion, and I first saw them here in Portland Oregon back in 2009, when they first nested, and now frequently see these doves in the area.  Have also seen them in Washington on trips to Oceanshores and Sequim. not sure where you are, but they have likely invaded.  I recall awakening to an unusual call back in 2009 (who whoooo who) and being very excited to discover a new pretty species, but they seem to have edged out the Mourning doves that I used to see in my yard.