[Tweeters] Eurasian Collared Dove ?

Irja Kujala irjakujala at cbbain.com
Sat Jun 22 13:51:17 PDT 2013

I have been listening to the calls (cooing) of a Dove in the neighborhood
where I live, and also spotted the Dove a couple of times. It seems to be a
tenant there. However, I am not sure if this one is an escaped domesticated
Dove, or an actual wild species. The sound it makes is very much similar to
what I get on my iPhone when I bring up the Eurasian Collared Dove. How
common is this species? The iPhone program claims it would be common in
Florida and south eastern USA but not here.

Irja Kujala
irjakujala at cbbain.com