[Tweeters] Solstice Bird Walk at Marymoor Park

Andrew McCormick andy_mcc at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 22 11:00:35 PDT 2013

Hello Tweets,
For its first Summer Solstice Evening Bird Walk 54 people joined leader Andy McCormick at Marymoor Park on Friday evening. The group ranged from experienced birders to a dozen people that had never been on a bird walk before. The group saw 33 species of birds and excellent views of an OSPREY carrying a fish back to its nest, a pair of RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKERS feeding young in a tree hole, a cooperative singing COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, singing SWAINSON'S THRUSHES, topped off with a pair of BARN OWLS in the East Meadow shortly before 10:00 p.m. Our chapter is experimenting with events at various times and places to appeal to a wider audience including families, ethnic groups and age ranges. This was a successful outing and I wanted to share the results with you. We would be very interested in hearing about similar strategies and successes from other Audubon chapters and birding groups.
Andy McCormick, President
Eastside Audubon
Kirkland, WA
andy_mcc at hotmail.com