[Tweeters] Peregrine at Boeing Pond

Bill Brynteson wnbrynteson at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 14:22:59 PDT 2013

Good Afternoon Tweeters

Well the Boeing Pond was kind to me again today, I was out for a walk to get my steps in and was nearing the pond and saw an osprey battling the wind and swooping down at the water among the willows.  I lost sight of it and as I got closer could see a raptor type bird sitting on a stake in the water close to the shore. My reflex was to assume it was the osprey, but it did not appear right, as in the strange place it was sitting, no white was showing, and as I got even closer it turned its head and the mallard "sideburns" became apparent.  A Peregrine, how nice it that!  I watched for a bit and it dropped down and began "bathing", fluttering in the water and then hopped ashore and shook off the water and fluffed up and shook some more.  It then flew up to a ledge on the side of a tall building near by and sat there preening as I continued on my walk.  Made my day!

BillB