[Tweeters] Ruffed Grouse on the attack

johntubbs at comcast.net johntubbs at comcast.net
Wed Jun 19 21:57:28 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

We had a related expe rience years ago when living north of Woodinville.  An 'attack grouse' showed up one day and went after us every time we went outside to get in the car or work in the yard.  We had an indoor cat at the time and the grouse decided the cat needed to be dealt with.  So it started perching on our deck railing and having stare-down contests with the cat.  This was ok with us because it took the bird's attention away from us much of the time.  Well, one day we came home to find the outer pane of our double-pane deck window shattered, and the grouse - quite expired - lay in the middle of the glass pile out on the deck.  The only explanation for the situation was that the grouse decided to dive-bomb the cat and both the bird and the window lost.  I would have liked to have been there to see the cat's reaction - probably took a big leap backwards when the window pane broke.

John Tubbs

johntubbs at comcast.net

Snoqualmie, WA