[Tweeters] North Fork Road, North Bend - Common Nighthawk, Western Bluebird

Pete Fahey peterfahey at comcast.net
Wed Jun 19 12:58:11 PDT 2013

Yesterday I birded the entire length of North Fork (Snoqualmie R.) Road.

Highlights were a Common Nighthawk flying along Sunday Creek, well seen,
and "Peenting" as it flew, and on my way back, I stopped at a clear-cut
about .6 miles from the long concrete bridge (referred to as the Wagner
Bridge on some maps) across the river, I saw a male Western Bluebird singing
from the top of a snag.

I also had singing Olive-sided Flycatcher, 7 Turkey Vultures, a female
Common Merganser with 7 ducklings (merglings?) and a black bear.

Fun day!

Pete Fahey

Snoqualmie, WA