[Tweeters] Leadbetter Point

Daniel R Froehlich danielfroehlich at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 23:51:53 PDT 2013

Just to clarify for questions from some:
Leadbetter Point is the northern tip of the Long Beach Peninsula stretching
N from the Columbia mouth in Pacific County. Grassy "Island" is not an
island as it's connected to the tip of the point by a narrow strip of
heavily vegetated dunes. The walk out there is north from the Leadbetter
Point parking lot (Willapa NWR just north of the State Park) at the end of
Route 103. It's a rough hike through salt marsh without much of a trail;
not recommended for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I walked a total
of about 16 miles, including the plover survey. I think you could take a
boat directly to Grassy Island--but there's a wide swath of mud flats so
timing with tides is important.
Dan