[Tweeters] Three Crabs Shorebirds

Brad Waggoner wagtail at sounddsl.com
Mon Jun 17 21:13:01 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I checked on the shorebirds near the Three Crabs today. The BAR-TAILED
GODWIT was again present, along with one continuing RED KNOT. Two other
shorebirds of interest was a PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER(in partial/faded
alternate) mixing in with the dozen or so Black-bellied Plovers, and a
lone female WILSON'S PHALAROPE. Also rounding out this very interesting
mix of summer shorebirds included one Greater Yellowlegs, one MARBLED
GODWIT, two Western Sandpipers, three Dunlin, and two Short-billed
Dowitchers. That's a pretty dang good mix for mid-June in Washington.

I stopped by Anderson Lake SP on my way home and the LEAST FLYCATCHER
was calling away.What a great bird for Jefferson County! Also of
interest was a HETO Warbler (Hermit X Townsend's hybrid). Forthe most
part it looked like a perfectly good male Hermit Warbler, but there was
a fair amount of yellow wash below the black bib.

Cheers and good birding,
Brad Waggoner

Bainbridge Island, Washington
mailto:wagtail at sounddsl.com