[Tweeters] Possible Gray Catbird on Sucia Island?

Lynne Givler lynne.givler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 10:43:07 PDT 2013

My husband and I were moored at Fox Cove on Sucia Island on June 12 and 13
where we saw and heard what sure seemed like a gray catbird. We first heard
a wide array of vocalizations including what seemed to be mimicking. We
both briefly saw the bird as it flew from a tree into some shrubs. We both
noticed a long tail and my husband noticed a dark cap. We later listened to
vocalizations on our National Geographic app and heard the actual bird
again in the morning. It sure seemed to match up. I've read that catbirds
have occasionally nested in Whatcom and Skagit Counties. Anyone out there
have any background on this?