[Tweeters] Red-eyed Vireo, Bank Swallows in Thurston Co.

Gary Wiles wilesharkey at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 14:40:03 PDT 2013

Tweeters,

I spent a couple of hours this morning searching for rarities in southern Thurston County.  I was able to find the Bank Swallows at the quarry on the north side of Rainier that Paul Hicks reported last Monday.  I then spent some time at the intersection of Churchill Rd and H-507 about a mile east of Tenino and heard a loud and persistently calling Red-eyed Vireo in the forest on the northeast corner of the intersection.  I never did see the bird, partly because of all the road traffic, but it was still great to hear its song.

Gary Wiles
Olympia, WA
wilesharkey at yahoo.com