[Tweeters] Red-eyed Vireo

wong chupaflor at igc.org
Sat Jun 15 17:24:53 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

This morning, while searching at Discovery Park for a couple of more birds to add to our King County year list, we heard the song of the RED-EYED VIREO. It was very persistent in its vocalization.

As we looped back toward our car about an hour later, we heard it again fairly close to the same spot. This time we caught a brief glimpse of it. Nice to be able to add that one to the list.

Today we only sought two target birds for this park: Townsend's Warbler (seen and heard in many other spots this year, but outside of the county) and Barred Owl. Got both of these on the same trail.

The Red-eyed might have been reported earlier, but I thought it'd be worth sharing. Very vocal, it was flitting around various trees just south of the North Parking lot. (west end)

happy birding,
isadora wong
seattle, wa
chupaflor at igc.org