[Tweeters] Dropping Anchor

jeff gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Fri Jun 14 09:42:14 PDT 2013

Readers of my posts from the Anchor Pub might wonder if the place is real or just a figment of my imagination. Well, it's both, and this weekend is your last chance to find out about the real part.
Yes, after 4 and a half years, my wife and I have enjoyed as much of the place as we can stand, and even if we remain confused at times, we are moving on to being confused on a higher level and about more important things. The Anchor has been a lot of fun, and we learned a lot. But anchor's are made to be dropped, are they not? Sometime's, matey, you have to cut the rope, or drop the chain, too.
Yup, this weekend is your chance to see the Aplodontia-chewed baseboard featured in my post "Aplodontia Attacks Anchor Pub!" a few years back. You could also look out of the Large Grey Array, the window optics used by members of our Center for Faith-based Astronomy (our motto: 'just because you can't see it don't mean it's not there' ). You could also talk to our director of Non - human Wildlife, and our Center for Sensitive Birders, namely me. I'll be here Friday, Saturday and Sunday, after 5pm. If I'm not , the bartender can page me - I'm working nearby. Always interesting to meet a tweeter in person. Although I personally look, sound, and smell better online, at least you can find out that I'm not really a precocious 15 year old girl who drinks and has a birding problem.
I would like to thank the Tweeters who have come into the Anchor over the past few years - we appreciated your business.
A Bar is something you put a drink on, but a Pub is a bit more; a group of folks talking to each other in an atmosphere inspired and nurtured by the owners. So the Anchor will continue on, in some form. The next owner may not know nothing about Aplodontia's.
Sitting at the bar last night, old Clam (son of clam) Clemson, was responding to rumors that the Anchor was gonna be a sports bar. He's lived through all the incarnations of the place.
" Oh yeah, just what Everett needs, another sports bar! Hell, the only birds you're gonna hear about down here now is Seahawks, Ravens, Cardinals and Orioles!"
"Well Clam" I said, " maybe another nature freak will buy the place".
"It has happened before, I guess" he lamented.
Jeff GibsonThe Anchor Pub1001 Hewitt Ave Everett Wa.
P.S. : the hours on our website are all screwed up. These last few days we're open Friday 3pm to 2am, Sat 4pm to 2am, and Sunday 5pm to the legal limit. Sunday is the last day! We'll have food all weekend, and for those who don't use Beer App's, we also serve water, and stuff like that.
,