[Tweeters] RE: Cliff Swallows in greater Seattle?

Ingrid Taylar ingrid at wildlifeconservationstamp.org
Thu Jun 13 13:55:47 PDT 2013

Ed,

I saw a handful of Cliff Swallows at the Ballard Locks last week … not too many, perhaps 10-12 in sum. They were swooping into an area under the south-facing cement overhang at the spillway, which makes it impossible to see nests, if there are any. I think the only view would be from below, on the water. I walked around various cement structures in the area to see if they might also be nesting somewhere else. So far, those are the only ones I've seen.

Best,
Ingrid Taylar
Interbay - Seattle, WA