[Tweeters] Cliff Swallows in greater Seattle?

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 21:12:57 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I am hoping to get knowledgable feedback about Cliff Swallows in  Seattle.

My take on the status of Cliff Swallows in the immediate Seattle area is based only upon looking around whenever I am in various parts of the city.  It's sure to be innaccurate, but here it is:

The Magnuson Park colony seems like the only current colony of Cliff Swallows in Seattle.  There's a colony on the north end of Mercer Island and there used to be a colony in Fremont along the Ship Canal but that disappeared sometime in the 90s.   I don't remember seeing Cliff Swallows typically at Union Bay or along the Duwamish or at Interbay, although these places seem like areas where they might be and  I just haven't seen them.

Thanks, I welcome any help here.

Ed Newbold