[Tweeters] Thanks for the ID help

Jane Hadley jhadle at clearwire.net
Tue Jun 11 11:48:28 PDT 2013

Hello Tweeter Friends -- Thanks to the many who gave their opinion on
the ID of two ducks that I photographed at Montlake Fill in October.

The consensus was that Picture No. 1 was a female Mallard and that
Picture No. 2 was a female Gadwall.

It wasn't unanimous though. For the first picture, 20 people said
Mallard, while 5 said Gadwall. On Picture 2, 18 people said Gadwall and
6 said Mallard.

The lack of unanimity made me feel a little better about my inability to
identify the ducks. Overall, it was a good learning experience for me.

The pictures are at: http://janehadley.net/IDhelp/

Jane Hadley
Seattle, WA