[Tweeters] Band-Tailed Pigeons

Joan Miller jemskink at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 18:20:43 PDT 2013

Hello Tweeters,

I normally don't get excited about pigeons or doves, but I was astounded to turn and casually look out toward my bird feeders this afternoon, when I saw three large colorful birds I had never seen before! I had just seen a collared dove yesterday, so I knew that's not what they were. These guys had a white necklace. I finally was able to ID them as Band-Tailed Pigeons. A new bird for me, let alone for my yard! Is it unusual to see these guys in Seattle?

Joan Miller
West Seattle

jemskink at yahoo dot com