[Tweeters] Bald Eagles nesting in SE WA

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Mon Jun 3 21:29:53 PDT 2013

Hello all,
A few years ago we saw an adult Bald Eagle at Lyon's Ferry Park in June - and wondered at the time if they were nesting anywhere in SE WA. In the last month we have seen an adult several times in WWCo. along the Columbia River - and this evening a Corps employee informed us that they are indeed nesting in Franklin Co. west of Lyon's Ferry and east of Lower Monumental Dam along the Snake River. This HMU is accessible only by boat - info below:

http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/LowerMonumentalDamLakeWest/SkookumHabitatManagementUnit.aspx

Not sure if the birds we have seen at the WWRdelta are from this nest.
Later, M&ML