[Tweeters] Spring Bird Reports

Brad Waggoner wagtail at sounddsl.com
Mon Jun 3 07:01:12 PDT 2013

Hello All,

Saturday marked the first day of the summer nesting season at least when
it comes to rare bird reporting. Thus it is time for me to request
spring bird reports (March - May). Ryan Merrill (FieldNotes at wos.org)
compiles records for WOS Field Notes and I keep tabs of unusual bird
sightings for North American Birds. To be clear, an "Unusual Sighting"
could be any of the following:

1) rare species (either a state rarity or a bird rare in a particular
locality, e.g. Willet at Toppenish N.W.R.)
2) early or late dates for migrants
3) high-number counts for any species

To keep reporting as simple as possible, you can send reports via e-mail
to either Ryan or me, since we routinely share the reports. Please
include the species seen, number recorded, place recorded, and any other
interesting information. We will make sure the reports end up in the
right venue. Please send reports by June 15.

Thanks and good birding,

Brad Waggoner
Bainbridge Island
mailto:wagtail at sounddsl.com