[Tweeters] Neah Bay Sage Thrasher and Sequim Shorebirds

Ryan Shaw rtshaw80 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 2 19:24:36 PDT 2013

Greetings all,
A few highlights from our time today in Clallam County with Charlie Wright:

This morning we came across a Sage Thrasher in Neah Bay - across from the Mini Mart in a vacant lot. It first appeared by flying up and perching on an old dilapidated truck and sunned itself for a few minutes. It then flew down below a small conifer and fed for a few minutes before it flew off deep into the forest.
Also had 1 Western Kingbird in the town of Neah Bay - a couple late lingering species - 1 Mew Gull and 1 Bufflehead still in the vicinity.
Three Crabs -
Along with the Bar-tailed Godwit - we had the following Shorebirds:
Black-bellied Plover - 31Red Knot - 6Sanderling - 33Semipalmated Sandpiper - 1 Rare in JuneWestern Sandpiper - 6Least Sandpiper - 1Dunlin - 14Short-billed Dowitcher - 8
Photos of the Sage Thrasher can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shyalbatross/
Cheers
Ryan ShawTacoma WArtshaw80 at hotmail.com