[Tweeters] Baby Qualis

Tennis Lucille tennislucille at aol.com
Tue Jul 30 16:51:49 PDT 2013

I have been watching a pair of quails that come to my yard each day for
several months. About a week ago, they appeared with 4 babies walking
with them and staying very close. One of the babies is either injured or
has a defect. He tries to keep up but falls and has difficulty...he hides well in the face of danger so I am hopeful he will outgrow his problem.

A red tail hawk is aware that they are here and has tried to get them.
I have put leafed branches around my bird feeder so that they can hide
and protect their young. Today, the male was inside our branch tent with
his brood and the female was outside watching for predators.

I hope they make it....they are really precious and we are so blessed to
watch them...Lucille of Sammamish, Wa.