[Tweeters] Rufous Hummers

PatDet at aol.com PatDet at aol.com
Sun Jul 28 19:08:57 PDT 2013

We live in the hills east of Lake WA, and years ago, the Rufous ruled,
coming mid-March and leaving in September, much like the Annas. The Annas
seemed to be intimidated by the Rufous and would often be relegated to
secondary status at the feeders. Then the Annas started staying year-round about
six or seven years ago, and these days they seem to be as aggressive with
each other as the Rufous used to be.

We only had one Rufous show up for a few minutes at a feeder this
year, so I'm curious as to the experience of others.

Thanks,

Pat