[Tweeters] Boeing Ponds 7/28

wong chupaflor at igc.org
Sun Jul 28 14:55:22 PDT 2013

It always delights me that no matter the season, there are birds to be found somewhere. I also find it amazing how quickly the migrations begin and end - and begin again.

This morning at the Boeing ponds, we saw a couple of Western Sandpipers, several young-ish Killdeer, and one Greater Yellowlegs.

We also finally spotted the Green Heron that is often reported there, but has eluded us on previous visits.

Pied-billed Grebe youngsters were following parents around the ponds, one of them watching and imitating every adult move. (very cute and funny to observe!)

Also, there were three age groups of Am. Coots represented at the pond: adult, adolescent, and baby.

A brief stop at Herring's House Park on the Duwamish River allowed for nice views of several Purple Martins at the gourds.

good birding,
isadora a. wong
seattle, wa
chupaflor at igc.org