[Tweeters] Paradise White-tailed Ptarmigan (Mt Rainier)

Stefan Schlick greenfant at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 27 23:39:52 PDT 2013

Khanh Tran and I headed up the Golden Gate trail out of Paradise at Mt. Rainier this morning. We checked 3 areas that had birds in the past. Only on the way back down we found a hen with 4 chicks and an odd pair with a 99% all-white female (or at least that's what we think it is), all within 100 yds. This about 0.5mi uphill from the intersection of the Golden Gate & Skyline Trail near the lush area that birds were found 2-3 years ago. Will upload some pictures later.
Below the switchbacks of the Golden Gate trail were 4 Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches.

Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR