[Tweeters] Re: Barred Owl Kill-off (proposed plan)

Ronda Stark rondastark18 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 11:47:06 PDT 2013

Its ok to have dialogue as long as we all know the facts. What percentage
of spotted owl decline is directly attributed to presence of barred owl?
Is this percentage derived from sound science or just a wild guess? What
percentage of decline is due to habitat loss? Wasn't spotted owl endangered
before barred owl showed up on the scene?

Eradication, or partial eradication, of one specie, in preference of
another specie, is not something that has been sanctioned in the past. Are
we setting new and possibly dangerous precedent?

Ronda