[Tweeters] RFI Eagle nesting timing

judy mullally judyemull at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 07:04:01 PDT 2013

I've observed eagle nests in the neighborhood in Port Angeles in the past and seen young being fed on Mother's day, so I'm puzzled by a pair that is building a new nest in a new location. They've been breaking old dead branches off trees nearby ( One day flying over my head as I gardened, causing me to marvel and be grateful for his/her talon strength) and adding to the nest daily for at least a month. It's obviously  too late to be nesting for this season, yet seems awfully early for activity for next spring.

Is this normal timing, perhaps for a younger pair getting started for the first time, or something out of the ordinary?

Judy Mullally   judyemull at yahoo dot com Port Angeles WA