[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2013-07-25

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Jul 25 12:20:36 PDT 2013

Okay – Summer Doldrums. It was a beautiful, sunny morning. It started out cool (50 degrees) but quickly warmed up to 72. I won’t say it wasn’t birdy, because we did see some stuff (and we probably missed some stuff too – sounds and glimpses that “could-have-been”...) But, really, the list at this time of year is rather predictable, and isn’t all that long, and... Well, actually, it was a pretty good day.

Highlights:

Canada Goose 70 (up from the 12 we’ve been getting)
Virginia Rail A couple heard on the far side of the slough again
Caspian Tern One over lake
Rufous Hummingbird A couple of probable juveniles
Purple Martin 2-3 over the lake
Tree Swallow One box still active – 2nd clutch?
Wilson’s Warbler At least 2, after 6 week absence

And a good day for mammals:

E. Gray Squirrel Mansion area
Beaver Swimming above weir
Muskrat Swimming above weir
E. Cottontail Abundant
Black-tailed Deer Near windmill

For the day, 54 species. For the year, we’re at 142 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com