[Tweeters] Re: [inland-NW-birders] Feds Advance Plan to Kill Barred Owls in Northwest

Keith Carlson kec201814 at cableone.net
Wed Jul 24 14:38:40 PDT 2013

The proposal to kill some(many) Barred Owls to "save?" another species (spotted Owls) is certainly not without precedent.
In very recent years we have killed DC Cormorants, Caspian Terns, Northern Pike Minnnow and Sea Lions in an effort to "save" Salmon and Steelhead in the Columbia system rather than face up to the reason for their decline- Snake River and Columbia River dams.

In the case of Spotted Owls v Barred Owls we have decided to play "Mother Nature" at a higher level.

Keith E. Carlson
Lewiston