[Tweeters] ID this Bird?

Guy McWethy lguy_mcw at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 10:38:35 PDT 2013

Yellow/Orange variant of the House Finch.
Please note that the top of the head is actually brown.   Eliminates both Purple and Cassin's ..
I think I recall someone posting that the color variants are due to mineral/vitamin deficiencies, rather than genetics?

I have seen these variants fairly regularly in House Finches ...  Yellow to Orange ...

And that IS a good question.  Has anyone seen yellow variants of Purple or Cassin's Finches?

Guy McWethy
Renton, WA
mailto: lguy_mcw at yahoo.com