[Tweeters] Hooded Warbler on Cape Horn trail, Skamania Cty continues

Wendy L Duncan wldunc at comcast.net
Mon Jul 22 18:15:07 PDT 2013

Krista Daniel and I found the Hooded warbler while hiking the Cape Horn trail this afternoon. In fact, we are pretty sure there are two or more of them, as we heard the "chink" call on both sides of the trail at the same time. The song this bird sings is run together similar to the #2_TN song in the Sibley Birds iPhone app, rather than the song in the iBird Pro app, which is more defined. It took a couple hours, but I captured a few photos which can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wendyduncan/sets/72157634750997525/

I've been up to Cape Horn trail four times looking for this warbler and I'm so glad I didn't give up. What a beautiful bird!

Happy birding!

Wendy Duncan
Washougal WA