[Tweeters] Probable Cassin's Vireo instead of Blue-Headed

Fanter Lane fanterlane at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 22:28:49 PDT 2013

Hi tweeters,
This morning Ryan Merrill, Charlie, Evan, and I found the vireo. After
listening to its song and getting good looks, we concluded that it is
probably a Cassin's instead of a Blue-Headed; however, there were parts of
the call that did sound more B H and field marks too. If it is a Cassin's,
it is a very bright, strange bird. It is a very interesting bird and
anybody who wants to look, it may stick around since it is in a molt.
Good birding, Fanter