[Tweeters] Re: Comment Opportunity on Proposed Sandhill Crane Hunting Seasons

Hal Michael ucd880 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 19 17:14:13 PDT 2013

>From what I have read, the Wisconsin/Florida migratory experimental population might be found in that area.  Having seen both species at various ranges, dealt with swans vs. Snow Goose, there should be no mistaking one for another.  With reasonable shooting range being inside of 40 yards there should be no reason for confusion.  Unfortunately, there will be some risk.

In preparing comments, consider the following.  A huntable or fishable population of any animal resource requires a larger population and significantly more habitat than does a population existing simply for appreciative use. That habitat will support a wide variety of species of plants and animals that are not consumed by humans.

Hal Michael
Olympia WA
360-459-4005 (H)
360-791-7702 (C)