[Tweeters] re: Adventurers wanted!

Steve Loitz steveloitz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 06:56:48 PDT 2013

Oops, my bad. Yes, Scott, that basin is in Kittitas County. I don't pay
much attention to county lines when I'm in the mountains. : )

Just remembered that I have seen White-tailed Ptarmigan on the north
aspects slopes just below the N face of Chair Peak. One can get there via
an off-trail side hike from Snow Lake Trail.

FTR, the Middle Fork Road is blocked to motorized traffic at Dingford
Creek, which makes the route to Big Snow quite a bit longer. There are
other routes up Big Snow, all strenuous. OP can email about those if he's
interested. Take an ice axe for all routes.

--
Steve Loitz
Seattle, WA
steveloitz at gmail.com