[Tweeters] Unusual place for Vauk's Swifts

notcalm at comcast.net notcalm at comcast.net
Tue Jul 16 00:28:06 PDT 2013

Tweeters,

This evening I made a trip to the U district. Imagine my surprise, when stopped near a red light, I watched five Vaux's Swifts feeding four to ten feet above dry weeds between 45th and 50th and east of I-5. No swallows were present. I pulled over and watched them for a while. They were working an area about 40 by 120 feet. They were still there when I left.
I have only seen these guys flying relatively high up.

Dan Reiff
Mercer Island