[Tweeters] Osprey nest near Thrasher's Corner Bothell

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 16:26:07 PDT 2013

The osprey in your photo is an adult, as evidenced by its yellow eyes.  A juvie has red eyes and white on the ends of its feathers.

The calling your heard was probably the female calling out to the male to hurry home with a fish dinner.  I have witnessed this behavior by the osprey at the Meadowdale softball complex nest for the past three years.  Based on what I have seen at the Meadowdale nest, it is still too early for fledglings.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA.