[Tweeters] Hooded Warbler continues

Christopher Hinkle christopher.hinkle2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:55:55 PDT 2013

The Hooded Warbler continues along the Cape Horn Trail in Skamania County.
The bird was singing consistently at 8:00 AM and was still there when we
left around eleven, always in the woods between the first steep switchbacks
(about 1/4 mile from the trailhead) and the original location (about 3/4
mile in). The warbler is easy to hear, but very hard to see; I only got one
good binocular view. Several other parties were able to observe the bird,
and we also ran into a couple birders who hadn't heard about it
yet--imagine their surprise when they asked what birds we had seen!

Good birding,

Christopher Hinkle