[Tweeters] Screeching Out to Tweeters for Help

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Mon Jul 8 20:55:11 PDT 2013

As some of you know I have undertaken a special
"project" this year. Encouraged by seeing both
Pygmy and Boreal Owls on my birthday (October 5th)
last year, I am trying to see all Washington
Raptors (Hawks, Owls, Falcons, Shrikes) in my
Birthday year of October 5, 2012 through October
4, 2013. It has been a lot of fun and there is
only a single sighting to go (unless I include
Broad-winged Hawk and White Tailed Kite which are
so irregular that I am debating those). The
missing raptor is Western Screech Owl. I have
tried and missed on this bird four times now,
being a day or two late or just unlucky. I know
that they are generally finished nesting now so
conditions are not ideal (just missed one on nest
in Spokane last month). So I am reaching out to
the Tweeters Community for help. I would greatly
appreciate your ideas, leads, assistance in
finding this elusive (for me) owl. A
bet/challenge is also involved - if successful a
nice donation gets made to the bird charity of my
choice. Your thoughts, stakeouts or help would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you...

--
Blair Bernson
Edmonds