[Tweeters] Cooper's Hawk down - what to do?

Marc Hoffman tweeters at dartfrogmedia.com
Mon Jul 8 12:18:36 PDT 2013

Paul,

I've donated birds to the Burke Museum. Of course I'm a lot closer
geographically to them. Technically anyone posessing that bird must
have a legal license to do so, which museums with animal collections
would have.

If freezing, best to put it in a baggy with as much air removed as
possible. Then freeze it in a larger container of water. This
prevents the freeze-thaw-freeze cyle of self-defrosting
refrigerators, which can damage the carcass with freezer burn.

Marc Hoffman
Kirkland, WA