[Tweeters] Capitol Forest MOQU and TOSO.

Chris Warlow christopherwarlow at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 17:39:39 PDT 2013

I was heading out to the coast with Joe Dlugo today and we decided to drive over Capitol Forest on the way.

We made a few stops trying for MOUNTAIN QUAIL. At our highest point we heard a low chattering cluck in response to our calls, but no visual.

I was excited to put this difficult bird on my county list, only to find that we were about 1/4 mile into Grey's Harbor. I'm going to have to confirm that on more maps.

As I was getting frustrated about the county borders a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE appeared. This only made matters worse as I need that for Thurston County too.

As we continued we found a HAMMOND'S FLYCATCHER. VARIED THRUSH singing everywhere. Also two Snowshoe Hares which were a lifer for me.

A very interesting couple of hours in the hills.

Chris Warlow
Olympia

Christopherwarlow at yahoo dot com.